What is the IB Middle Year Programme (MYP)?
Every JCIB student in grades 6-10 will participate in the MYP program. Students follow courses in the eight subject groups:
• Language A (English)
• Language B (Foreign Language choice)
• The Arts
• Physical Education
The MYP curriculum correlates with the Alabama College and Career Ready Standards (CCRS).
MYP enhances curriculum, fostering creativity for both students and teachers.
During the eighth grade year, MYP students complete a group community service project to further develop skills they have learned through the MYP.
At the end of the tenth grade year, MYP students complete a personal project that is a product of the student's own initiative and creativity.
The JCIB Middle Years Programme
• Accommodates the educational needs of ALL students.
• Encourages students to become creative, critical and reflective thinkers.
• Promotes students to connect their classroom studies to the real world.
• Emphasizes creative problem solving, hands-on projects, inquiry-based learning,
global focus, and community service.
• Builds knowledge, skills, and attitudes to prepare students to meet the
academic challenges of a College and Career preparatory curriculum.
Middle Years Programme Application Information
*Not currently taking applications. The next application window will open in the Spring.